MARY TAVY COMMUNITY FIELD & HALL
All Bookings are subject to Terms and Conditions.
Dance or Party Session*
Wedding All day & evening
Marquee in grounds (subject to permisson**)
Elections Council / National Park
Children's Party Session*
Commercial / Profit making events Per Session*
Charity event Per Session*
Meetings - Hall All Day
Meetings - Committee Room / Bar
Regular Bookings Hall
*Sessions: 8 - 1pm / 1 - 6pm / 6 - 11.45pm
** Permission from The Recreation Ground Trustee's
Full Terms & Conditions are contained within the Hire Agreement.
Regular Users are subject to specific terms and conditions available from the booking secretary.
- HIRE AGREEMENT: All hirers of the hall must be issued with and sign a hiring agreement and return it to the booking secretary before the commencement of the hire period.
- BOOKING: All booking applications must be in writing on the booking form provided. The person signing this form will be considered the Hirer. Where an organisation is named in the application the organisation will also be considered the Hirer and shall be jointly and severally liable with the person who signs this form.
- KEYS: Keys may be collected from the Mary Tavy Post Office by arrangement in advance of the booking date. The keys must be returned immediately after the end of the hiring or ASAP when the Post Office is open. If not open put the keys through the letter box.
- DEPOSIT: If requested the Hirer will pay a deposit at the time of booking. This will be returned within 28 days of the event, subject to any sums withheld to meet part of the hire fees or the cost of rectifying damage arising during the hiring.
- SUPERVISION AND RESPONSIBILITY: The Hirer will during the period of the hiring be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid danger to members of the public and obstruction of the public highway.
- COMPLETION OF HIRE: At the end of hiring the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise by authorised representatives of the Coronation Hall Commitee and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced. Should this not be complied with Mary Tavy Coronation Hall reserves the right to make an additional charge, which may be deducted from the deposit paid.
- CHILD PROTECTION: In the event that the hiring involves the attendance of children and young persons under the age of 18 at the premises, the Hirer confirms that there will be in place an appropriate Child Protection Procedure. The Hirer agrees to ensure that all adults present on the premises are aware of this Procedure and abide by it. The Hirer confirms that, when necessary under the terms of the Child Protection Procedure, appropriate Criminal Records Bureau checks will be carried out in respect of persons involved with children and young people on the premises during the course of the hiring.
- PARKING: The hire of the premises does include the use of parking facilities. Mary Tavy Coronation Hall reserves the right to ask for any cars related to this hiring to be removed or prevented from parking on site due to concurrent or overlapping activities on site.
- EXCLUSIONS: The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purposes other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything to bring on to the premises anything which may endanger the premises or any insurance policies connected with the premises.
- LICENSING:It is illegal to sell alcohol on the premises without a licence. Please click below to obtain a temporary events notice for your event if you need to sell alcohol. .
- SMOKING: The entire premises are a No Smoking Zone.
- MUSIC: The Hirer undertakes to satisfy any requirements under performing rights for the performing or playing of live or recorded music. Any Hirer who intends to play music or have a live band agrees to inform Mary Tavy Coronation Hall at the time of booking. The Hirer undertakes to ensure that all noise is kept to a level such that neighbours of the premises are not unduly disturbed. The Hirer agrees in any event to terminate all loud noise on the premises at 11.45pm.
- PUBLIC SAFETY: The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Magistrate’s Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays and shall ensure that such events shall not involve the infringement of any copyrights or performing rights.
- FIREWORKS: No Fireworks allowed inside or outside of the Mary Tavy Coronation Hall.
- EMERGENCIES: In anticipation of an emergency it is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that he knows the location of first aid kits, the nearest hospital and the like.
- DAMAGE: The Hirer shall indemnify Mary Tavy Coronation Hall for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the surroundings or the contents of the building, which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
- The Hirer shall not interfere in any way with the switchboard, electricity fittings, meter fittings or fixtures on the premises.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the electricity supply is appropriate for any equipment used and that any equipment used will not endanger, overload or damage the electricity supply, circuits, wiring, plugs, sockets, switchboards or other equipment.
- INSURANCE: The Hirer acknowledges that the loss of any items left unattended is not covered by Mary Tavy Coronation Hall insurance cover.
- CANCELLATION: Cancellation must be notified a minimum of 7 days in advance of the booking. Failure to give the correct notice may result in part or full charge being made.
- Mary Tavy Coronation Hall reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the premises being required for use as a polling station, for a parliamentary or local government election or bye-election in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
- Even if the Hirer has a regular booking for the hire of the premises Mary Tavy Coronation Hall reserves the right to renew, vary or cancel any such regular arrangements. This right will not be unreasonably enforced.
- In the event of the premises or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use of which it has been hired Mary Tavy Coronation Hall shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- ACCESS: The Hirer shall allow any duly authorised officer of Mary Tavy Coronation Hall to the premises or any part thereof at all times during the hiring.
- Any organisation hiring the Mary Tavy Coronation Hall must have adequate insurance in place and will be required to give sight of such insurance if so requested by any duly authorised officer of the Mary Tavy Coronation Hall. The Mary Tavy Coronation Hall reserve the right to cancel any booking if not satisfied that adequate insurance is in place.
- If the Hirer wishes to use the land outside the Coronation Hall the Hirer must contact the Trustee's of the Ground to seek permission; as the field isn't part of the Coronation Hall. it's not part of this agreement.
Request a booking here; all bookings are subject to terms and conditions. Booking isn't confirmed until the Bookings Manager has informed you.
Terms & Conditions of Hire